If you’ve come recently moved into new business premises, or need to make better us of your existing office space, then you might have already got a workspace design layout in mind, and know how to achieve it. Alternatively, you might not know what to look for in an office refurbishment company.
Here’s how to choose the right one for your company.
1. You’ll want to take stock of your situation first of all, and find out what you need to have, and what you want to have. When you know, you can see what the office refurbishment company suggests, and whether they share the same visions as you do.
2. You might have to stick with corporate designs and colour schemes, or you might have free reign and a blank canvas. Choose styles and designs that are suitable for your line of work, and your customers and clients.
3. You’ll need to be guided by their ideas, knowledge and experience, but you’ll have to make sure that their plans aren’t too ambitious, or won’t be far reaching enough. You’ll need to remain in charge, and they will be working for you, not vice versa.
4. You’ll need to make sure that you can make the most of your office space to meet your existing and future needs. Do you need more offices? More desks? A bigger reception area? What does the fit out company recommend based on your requirements?
5. From the outset getting value for money, so that you’re not paying for things you don’t need, and do get what you need. Is it better to spend your budget on better quality items, or will you get more benefit from having more desks? What will your staff and clients prefer? If you’re a firm of solicitors, you want to make sure that your clients are at ease, but that it doesn’t look that furniture is too flashy, as it will look like you’re charging your clients too much. Does your proposed workspace design portray the right image of your company?
6. Can the fitout firm you choose provide what you need on time, and on budget? Are you being realistic with your budget and your expectations? Will it be better to get all the work done at once, or will you be better off getting it done in stages? What do your staff, and the professionals think?
7. You’ll need to make sure office refurbishment company that the firm you choose has a skilled workforce, and that they are experienced in the sort of work you want doing. You’ll want the end result to look professional, and change the way you work for the better.
8. Having a dedicated project manager is essential, so that you don’t need to spend your working day chasing up missing supplies, or wondering when the work is going to be finished.